Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Recipes Recipes Galore

 Well, I don't have anything significant to report. Yesterday was Weighs Day and I met my first 5-pound goal. At the prompting of my Bestie I'm going to go out and buy a bookmark and star stickers so I can reward myself for my losses. I also indulged in some pizza last night. Mmmm.... That always seems to be my go-to reward meal.

 So, about the recipes. I'm not actually posting any today. Instead I'm going to recommend you to a few websites if you're interested in finding some super-yummy dishes that are actually healthy.

 First and foremost, my absolute favorite is Hungry Girl. Go to her website and sign up for her daily emails. They're FREE! She sends updates on the latest "diet" products as well as loads and loads of recipes. In fact, you can search her website for already-emailed recipes. She has tons of great ideas and is always renovating popular recipes. From shakes, to burgers, to desserts, anything you can imagine, she has probably renovated. She's also a WW follower apparently because she always calculates points for you. Check her out.

 Second, is the Weight Watchers website. You can view their daily recipes which sometimes includes renovations too. But the absolute best thing about the WW website is, if you are following the WW plan, if you join the e-Tools you can actually do your own recipe renovations. They have an application where you can enter all of the ingredients to your own recipes and based on the number of servings you indicate, it will generate the points for you. This way, you can go back and change out items (like swapping full-fat for reduced, low, or no fat versions) and see what points would come out to that way. It's awesome. I heart WW.

 Another great WW-based website is dwlz.com which is another website of a WW follower. She is my go-to resource for restaurant outings. You can nearly find any food for any restaurant on her website with the points value. There are also recipes posted, although I honestly visit it more for the restaurant point guides.

 So, that's my offering for the day. I'm a bit of a zombie. I'm pretty sure I slept good last night. I am coming up short on why I'm so tired. Oh well, being short means I usually do come up short. I know, hardy har har. Happy Thursday! See you back here tomorrow!

P.S. In less than two weeks my baby girl is turning one. Where did the year go? She's gonna be married with a one-year old of her own before I know it. Boo hoo.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this article that shows substitutes for healthier baking.

    http://food.aol.com/healthy-kitchen/healthy-baking?icid=main|main|dl8|link3|http%3A%2F%2Ffood.aol.com%2Fhealthy-kitchen%2Fhealthy-baking

    ReplyDelete