Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Am the Point Queen!

  Ok, you're so not gonna believe this. I mean, really, not believe this. Well, we had plans to go to Olive Garden last night so I went to their website, on which they've posted nutritional values for EV-RY-THA-NG-UH. I went through and figured out points for my faves. I knew I wanted salad and I figured up how much I could have. Then I knew I'd want a breadstick or 2. I also usually like the alfredo dipping sauce for the breadsticks so I calculated even that. Finally, the entre! Well, my second fave dish is the Ravioli di Portabello and if I got a lunch portion it was 10 points. Note: my FAVE dish is the Shrimp and Chicken Carbonara which is to die for- maybe literally- the point value for this dish is screamin' off the charts, so I skipped it. I actually figured out exactly how many points I'd need to OG. I even figured up how many more points it would be if my hubby and I decided to split a piece of the Pumpkin Cheesecake as a Bday treat to me. (Do you love how I'm draggin my birthday out as long as possible? Yeah, me too.) I knew I had some points left over so I had to use them wisely. I ate lots of free stuff like broccoli and cauliflower (which also means I got my veggies in- yay me!) I was the POINT QUEEN. Seriously.

  Having two days in a row where I have successfully planned my points and stayed within them amazes me, but also inspires me. I'm doing gud! Rally gud!

  I'm hoping this coming Weighs Day proves to be a sparkly, weight-loss kind of day! Yee haw! Have a good weekend folks. I'll see ya Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You ARE the point queen!! I'm so very proud of you and I'll bet that Weighs Day is going to be very sparkly indeed. I'm so excited about the post, I didn't think we'd get a new one until Monday. And yes I do love how you drag your bday out, as you should, you are a Princess! I drug mine out too. More fun that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, CJ! And just for the record, I'm still the reigning Point Queen! Boo-yah!

    ReplyDelete