Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Friday, September 25, 2009

TGIF, Baby!

  So ends another week. I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and this coffee is doing little to soothe it. But that's not what you want to know about, you want to know if I've fallen off of the proverbial wagon (diet-wagon, that is). Well, the answer is a resounding- NO! But I was absent yesterday.

  So, Wednesday night I made a super-delish, lowfat Chicken Alfredo (I realize that Low Fat and Alfredo in the same sentence seems a mite dangerous, but I assure you, my version is healthy and yummilicious!). We had something to celebrate, after all- my 2.7 pound weight loss. Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's the tiny droplet on the top of the tip of the iceberg in my weight loss endeavor. But it's a good start. And I was thrilled.

  Yesterday I got up at the butt-crack of dawn (and really, who likes to see any butt cracks? I ask you! Even if it does belong to dawn.) and drove down to Marion, IL for a meeting which lasted entirely too long. I have to tell you that I did consume a brownie and it was maybe the most delicious brownie of my still-kind-of-young-but-not-as-young-as-I-used-to-be young life. Oh, yes, and I most certainly did count the points. I did go over points yesterday but, ahhhhh, that, my friend, is what those sweet flex points are all about. Flex points- 35 extra points a week that don't carry over- so use 'em or lose 'em. Well, I used a few yesterday, but not as many as one might assume.

 So, I'm going to Quincy this weekend and it's gonna be a fight to stay within points. First of all, my mother (saint that she is) is making fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. Let's see, I think that'll take, yes, most of my points for the day. I guess I'm having green beans and pickles until dinner. To be fair, this meal was due to my own request which was actually made prior to starting this whole blog/weight loss journey. But I will be fine and I will go on.

 Have a great weekend! Keep those updates a'comin'!

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of the Eating for your Blood type diet? I haven't really looked into yet but a lady I work with just lost 15 lbs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard of it. It's nice that there are so many varieties of diets/weight loss plans out there. Finding one that fits for you is key. For me, I love WW because you can literally have anything you want. You just have to count the points. It makes you point-thrifty. =) Oh, thanks for the email too for new recipes! Can always use those!

    ReplyDelete