Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Eating!

So, I've made it three whole days!! heh heh Well, yeah, it's not a terribly long time but at least it's 3 days I can say I've done well and be proud of myself. And it was Friday and Fridays are always something to be happy about. Don't get me wrong because I love my job. But having a weekend with the fam is always a nice thought.

So, about a year and a half ago I discovered VitaTops. They're actually muffin tops (no, no, not referring to flab hanging over one's pants). I'm talking about these round, flat discs and they're jam-packed with vitamins, I dunno, maybe some minerals, and loads of flavor. They are only worth 1 WW point!! So right away you think, yeah, must taste like cardboard. Au contraire! They are actually super-yum! They come in loads of varieties, mostly chocolate based. My faves are Triple Chocolate Chunk and Double Chocolate Dream. And they DO taste as good as their names sound. Ok, so, long story short I had one for breakfast and they are actually really filling.

For lunch I came home and my Robb made me a peanut butter sandwich with a surprise pool of jelly smack dab in the middle. I think from now on I'll just make my own sandwiches. When made with wheat bread and a light coating of pb, these sammies aren't bad on the point-o-meter! Plus you get some protein.

Dinner, I splurged since I had plenty of points. I ate some tasty, cheesy pizza. Actually, it's the best pizza of all time if you ask me and you can get it in the freezer section of the grocery store. Yep! That's right! Frozen pizza. Home Run pizza to be exact. Not so easy on the points, but if you have 'em, this pizza is a worthy spend!

So far, not bad. What I love about WW is that you aren't forbidden from eating anything but it'll cost ya! So you start being thrifty with your points. Sure I can eat a piece of cheesecake. It's just that I'll have to live on water and a couple green beans for the rest of the day. So then you start choosing to have a bite of cheesecake rather than the whole piece and you fill up on all of the healthy stuff- and then you wake up one day and realize you're a healthy-eater!!!

So, happy eating this weekend, folks!! But take it easy- weigh day is just around the corner!!

5 comments:

  1. Never tried the VitaTops--sounds good though. Kashi does make great cereal. My problem is that I like cereal a little too much. Not a big fan of their granola bars though. Kellogs Fiber Plus bars are great! Have you tried Healthy Life Whole Wheat bread? Whole grains are great for helping weight loss. What kind of exercise are you doing? I have some simple stomach exercise that have worked for me if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I found some of those Eat This, Not That foods online. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to find VitaTops in stores near me. I have always ordered them from their website. I usually get emails with deals. I like the Fiber Plus bars too, but I do like Kashi granola bars. I love how you have real chunks of almonds in them. Mmmmmm.... I have had the Healthy Life Whole Wheat bread. I usually buy it in doubles at Sams and then freeze a loaf. I currently have a loaf in my freezer. Where did you find the Eat this Not that foods online? I've been looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a Kroger/Hilander store near you? I saw the VitaTops there in their "healithy foods" section.
    Articles on Eat this Not that would show up on my yahoo homepage at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do NOT have a Kroger here in town. Blah! Trust me, Rebby- they're soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete