Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Holy Fried Chicken and Pizza, Batman!

  I've been out of commission for a few days, but gone in form is not gone in spirit! I was visiting with family this weekend and, though I used every last shred of flex points I had left, I still maintained my points. I had lunch with my bff, Cara, on Saturday at Applebee's and I have to tell you that their Steak and Portabello WW menu item is wonderful. I mean, seriously, it might be the smallest steak I've ever eaten in my life, but it turned out to be just enough when paired with the mushrooms, potatoes, and broccoli. Y-U-M!

 So, prior to starting this whole blog-for-accountability deal, I had requested my mom make fried chicken for dinnner. My mom had already made purchases for the meal so I decided not to back out. I just had to save plenty of points and the flexers, for said meal. It was really good and while I did have a small amount of seconds, I def stayed within my points.

 Sunday morning (despite the best efforts of my mother, the food pusher- I love ya, Ma!) I did NOT eat French toast OR bacon OR eggs of any variety. I needed to watch the points since I was out of the flexers, so I did not partake in those goodies. Now, please don't think I condone never having such tasty treats. It's just that we were having homemade pizza for lunch since my lil' bro was there and I had to save points for that. So, I planned. Planning is key for this program. All in all, I probably could have done a bit better (like, I always hate when I spend all of my flex points in one day), but I feel pretty good about staying in line with the points I had.

 Wednesday is just around the corner and I'm not gonna cheat this week by weighing early. NOPE! I'm waiting (mostly because I'm slightly afeared that I'll step on to discover that the fried chicken and pizza are still attached to me and I've gained that 2.7 pounds back. Here's hoping for the best! Have a great week to all and don't forget to keep me posted on your own endeavors!

2 comments:

  1. you are doing awesome buddy, keep it up!!! i'm watchin you.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, buddy! I'm hanging in there. =) Love your blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete