Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Friday, November 6, 2009

This Gal is Working for the Weekend

  Happy Friday!!! Isn't it always nice to wake up and realize it's Friday? I mean, even if you have to go to work you're still super excited because you know that the very second you're off work, it's THE WEEKEND!! And the weekend is what it's all about. 

 So, my weekend is going to be pretty eventful. First of all, we pick up Emily after work and I'm thinking chicken tacos for dinner. See recipe below. Then tomorrow the ladies are shopping while the hubby's a'workin'. Of course, we're actually shopping for the hubby since his birthday is Sunday. I'd like to send a shout out to my stud muffin hubby (because he really does read my blogs- he even quotes them sometimes- that's a hubby that should get a round of applause- *sound of applause*). HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBEAR! I'm making lasagna for his birthday dinner Sunday. I know what you're thinkng- oooooooooooooh, you're gonna go over points! *tisk, tisk* Well, my finger-shaking friends, I actually have figured out a way to make it a bit easier on the points. Granted, with all of that cheesy goodness it's not going to be perfectly point-friendly. However, I bought reduced fat Sargento's shredded mozz cheese (they make a mean RF cheese) and light Riccotta cheese. So, right there I cut loads of fat. The rest of the meal isn't too awful- whole grain lasagna noodles, 90% lean ground beef, tomato sauce and paste, and spaghetti sauce packets (to make your own sauce) and none of those things are point killers. Super yummy! I'll just have to work my points right but I can still enjoy this tasty feast! Perhaps, if you're lucky, I'll share the secret family recipe for my mom's lasagna. There is literally nothing like it. Just ask anyone that's had it.

 Kendy's Super Yum Chicken Tacos (ok, they're just plain old chicken tacos, but hey, gotta throw my name on the recipe)

4-6 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless (we usually cook 4 large breasts)
2-3 tbsp taco seasoning (or one envelope)
8 flour tortillas (I just can't do the corn variety- super yuck)
Non-stick cooking spray

Lightly coat a skillet with spray. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the pan. Add seasoning. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Heat tortillas. Add chicken to tortillas.

Makes about 8 servings. Add whatever toppings you like. We love love love chicken tacos at my house.

NOTICE TO MOMS: This is a super, simple and quick recipe for dinner. I always keep the ingredients on hand for those nights I just don't feel like putting a lot of effort into dinner. I buy bags of frozen chicken breasts and just set out however many I need before I leave for work and voila!- dinner made easy.

NOTICE TO THE WEIGHT CONCIOUS: These tacos are sooooo incredibly easy on the points. Add fat free shredded cheddar (very low point) and salsa (which is free, my friend, free as a bird) and you have a very filling, healthy meal. I usually eat around 3 tacos for about 10 points. But that usually includes FF sour cream too!

Enjoy! Have a Happy Weekend! Happy Eating!

P.S. Our computer at home is finally off the fritz which means, that's right, I can blog from home (or even bed) again! You may have an extra blog this weekend and it just might contain the recipe for my world famous (oh, but it is- at least famous in my world) lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment