Quote of the Week

Common sense is such a rarity these days, it should be classified as a super power.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Missing Me?

Suddenly I have the John Waite song in my head- "I ain't missin' you at all....missin' you....since you've been gone....away..." I love that song. I used to listen to JW all the time and even saw him in concert a few times. I heard an acoustic version of "When I See You Smile" and it was amazing. Anyway, I have no idea where that came from.

I've been missing. MIA. No blog. Nothing. Well, I was off work three days last week in preparation for Lainie's birthday bash. Well, that and I spent her actual birthday (Veteran's Day) just playing with her after I got her pics done. Oh my gosh. It was seriously the first time I've ever taken her for professional pics. She's usually such a ham for a picture. Of course, not when I'm paying someone to take them. But, what they did get of her turned out very cute so it was still worth it.

So, does being blog-MIA mean that I've been a bad girl? Call Santa, because this gal has landed on the naughty list! Yes, with all of the running around and cleaning and working I admit to eating some lousy food. Then there was the birthday party. Yep. Indulgence Central.

However, I'm happy to report that Robb and I are buying a Wii from his cousins for a VERY reasonable price so we've both started using the Wii Fit and playing games against each other on the Wii. Can I please tell you how much I totally L-O-V-E the Wii Fit? First of all, you make a little gal (or guy if you choose) to represent you. Super fun. Then you balance and weigh and it tracks the time you spend each day working out and as you add minutes to your work-out time piggy bank you unlock new and exciting activities. I love the yoga on there! Absolutely love it. It's so much fun. Robb and I have agreed to play games against each other each night and stop wasting so much time watching useless, mindless tv. I mean, we have tv shows that we're not gonna give up, but there aren't that many of them. Sons of Anarchy only has 2 eps left which means there will be nothing to watch on Tuesdays. Mondays we only watch Two and 1/2 Men (and Robb watches silly Wrestling...love you honey). Wednesdays are trickiest because Robb works the entire day and we usually like to relax while watching Modern Family (oh my gosh, so funny) and Cougar Town (started off strong, but starting to fade for me) and then we watch whatever MTV thing is on- right now it's a challenge but pretty soon it will be a new Real World. Thursdays I record Vampire Diaries but I'm starting to lose interest. So it's not like we have shows to watch every single second of the evening. I look for a lot of Wii time to be happening soon!

It seems I still owe you recipes. I promise I'll try but 3 days off work means about 3 weeks worth of work to return to. I'm trying to keep my head above water right now. But I will try. Happy Weighs Day (yeah, I totally forgot to weigh this morning but I will weigh tonight on the Wii....truth is, I thought today was Thursday and I was really excited until I realized I was wrong!

1 comment:

  1. this post cracked me up. i'm so jealous i've wanted a Wii for years! i'm gifting myself one right after christmas. i never knew you'd been to a few john waite concerts? i didnt even know who he was! i know those songs, but had no idea who he was or who sang them. dont be gone so long next time. i miss the blogging.

    ReplyDelete